Entry Requirements for the North Star School Direct Programme 2020-21
- Applicants should be qualified to degree level, ideally a 2:2 or above (or in their final year of University with a 2:2 or above as a predicted grade).
- All degree disciplines will be considered for Primary applications.
- All applicants are required to have a GCSE/ O-level/ iGCSE* at grade C/4 or above in Maths, English and a Science.
- *or international equivalent
- Experience of being in a school and/or working with young people is preferred and will be beneficial during the application process. You can contact us to arrange school experience. (Please note that the school experience programme is currently suspended due to COVID-19).
- We are unable to sponsor Tier 2 Visas.
How to apply
- Applications for 2020/21 courses are made via UCAS Teacher Training. Click on link start your application.
- The UCAS course codes are PLEASE ADD for our Primary School Direct courses.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a positive outlook
- Are passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of young people
- Are independent, resilient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable, with the ability to engage young people
- Are enthusiastic about their subject(s) and are continuing to develop their subject knowledge
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management skills
- Are reflective and strive to improve their own practice
- Have high standards of spoken and written English
- Demonstrate a professional attitude
- Have made a considered and informed decision to train to teach.
The fee to train with us is £9,250.
Tuition Fee and maintenance loans are available for all courses.
If you have A-Level Maths at Grade B or above you may be eligible for a £6,000 bursary for our Primary with Maths course.
Please refer to the Get into teaching website for further information. Get Into Teaching website Link here