New for North Star members in 2018-9, we are supporting joint-practice development for subject leaders through three subject-leader development days each over the year for English, Maths and EYFS. These development days have been created to foster great practice and promote subject leaders as beacons of excellence in their schools.
We believe meaningful and effective joint practice development in subject-leader networks should:
- Share practice across curriculum subjects and to support leadership development.
- Promote innovation and creativity in thinking about practice.
- Provide a supportive environment that respects the confidentiality of what is shared.
- Create a vision for reform and progress.
- Promote shared ownership.
- Update the knowledge and skills of all members.
- Share ideas that challenge teachers rather than just prescribe.
The subject-leader development days will be delivered over a full day and will include opportunities to network, share practice, moderate and gain vital professional development for these key roles.
Burn Hall, Tollerton Road, Huby, York YO61 1JB.
These sessions are FREE to North Star members.