North Star is running PPA sessions for English and Maths throughout 2016-7. These are informal sessions held in primary schools, which are an opportunity for teachers to get together with colleagues teaching the same phase to discuss and plan assessment and moderation. The sessions are open to all teachers in North Star. (For subject-leader networks, please see www.northstaralliance.org.uk/support/network-groups). There will be six sessions for each group: two per term. The focus for the first half term (Autumn 1; Spring 1; Summer 1) will be Assessment and Mastery, the focus for the second half term (Autumn 2; Spring 2; Summer 2) will be Moderation and Assessment.
Purpose of the PPA sessions
- To provide a forum for discussion, focused on supporting teachers’ knowledge and understanding in how to plan, prepare for and assess key elements of the English and Maths curricula
- To support schools to collaborate and share good practice
- To develop further understanding of statutory assessment and moderation
- To clarify, through discussion, key expectations of the revised curriculum in English and Maths
- To share practical tips and ideas for developing the teaching of English and Maths
To make these PPA sessions as accessible as possible to our whole alliance, we will be running each session three times: in the North, East and South of our alliance.
These sessions are FREE to North Star members.