This training will be useful for any RSE or PSHCE subject leader who would like support and guidance leading their school through the adoption of a new RSE policy all the way to it statutory implementation in April 2021.
This training event will provide you with:
- A timeline that will take you through what you need to do before the RSE policy becomes statutory in April 2021
- Support with leading the consultation process with parents
- Useful resources for the consultation with parents
- Useful resources to use as a subject leader when working with staff
- An understanding of what good pedagogy is when teaching RSE
- How to adapt to the needs of your community
- Support for church schools when teaching RSE
After this training you will know:
- How to implement the RSE policy in line with government guidance
- How to conduct the consultation process remotely for your school
- Where to locate specific resources to support the implementation process
- Where to find resources specific to Church academies
- What good pedagogy looks like in your subject and how to support colleagues with this
This course will be delivered by John Rees & Abi Clay.
Tuesday, 9th February 2021 3.45pm – 5.00pm
The cost of the session is £40 per delegate for North Star members (£50 per delegate for non-members).
Terms & Conditions
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied:
Cancellations within two weeks of the first event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all three days, your school will still be charged the full amount.
With-in a month of the first day of the event, or with-in a month of the event, which ever applies.