New for North Star members in 2018-9, we are supporting joint-practice development for subject leaders through a one off subject-leader development day to kick off the year ahead. This development day has been created to foster great practice and promote subject leaders as beacons of excellence in their schools.
Join Jackie Ward, consultant in Behaviour and SEND, ex primary PRU, current SENCO in three mainstream primary schools and “all-round troubleshooter”
Today is your chance to take a step back from the day-to day, reflect on practice, network with colleagues and hopefully learn something new along the way! (And seriously, when do SENCOs get that chance?). The day will consist of four planned sessions, but as it is YOUR day, it can be flexible.
- 9am Meet and greet. Bacon butties and a brew. Get to know your colleagues and find out a little more about me (with some mindful moments too)
- 9.35- 10.45 Cracking the paperwork whilst keeping your sanity: the graduated response and getting systems right in school, looking at statutory assessment, streamlining procedures and processes, onboarding parents and colleagues
- 10.45- 11.00 Coffee/Tea
- 11.00-12.00 Strategies that work- ASD, ADHD, SLCN, SPD, Attachment, – there is no magic wand but together we can get there!
- 12.00-13.00 Lunch
- 13.00- 14.15 Making BOXALL work for you (this session is hands on)
- 14.15- 14.30 Coffee/Tea
- 14.30-15.30 Case studies and SENCO surgery- your time to discuss issues and problems which we can hopefully solve together
Twitter – @jordyjax
Thursday, 11 October 2018, 9am – 3.30pm, Burn Hall, Tollerton Road, Huby, York, YO61 1JB.