North Star Recently Qualified Teacher (RQT) Support Programme 2017-18
The RQT Support Programme aims to provide high-quality support and development for teachers who have completed their NQT year. This will be achieved through an inspiring approach, which is facilitated by Head teachers and Specialist Leaders of Education within North Star Teaching School Alliance. The course is rooted in a drive to develop outstanding practitioners for the benefit of children in North Star Schools. In addition, the programme aims to continue to embed a commitment to Continuing Professional Development in RQTs, promoting the ethos of responsibility for their own development. The programme was extremely successful in 2015-16, with 100% of delegates giving positive feedback:
“Relevant, engaging & useful.”
“Will look forward to putting into practice what I have learned.”
“Felt inspirational and reminded me of why I do this!”
The programme will help RQTs to:
Develop their skills in teaching to move towards outstanding classroom practice
- To consider strategies for teaching and learning that lead to excellent outcomes for children
- To create an inclusive classroom environment where every child succeeds
- To take the first steps into leadership
- To consider their own wellbeing as a priority
- Three full days across the academic year
- School-based tasks, between face to face sessions, aimed at identifying and further developing good practice
- Tuesday 17 October 2017 9am to 3pm
- Tuesday 20 February 2018 9am to 3pm
- Tuesday 22 May 2018 9am t0 3pm
Meadowside Academy, Halfpenny Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0SL.
£300 per delegate (£250 for additional delegates) for North Star members. Non-members £400 (£350 subsequent). This includes the year’s programme and facilitation of gap tasks to develop practice between face-to-face sessions.
Book here: To book please contact North Star
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all sessions, your school will still be charged the full amount.
Any further questions? Please contact Nikkie Beniams at Knayton C of E Primary School. Telephone 01845 537291. Email firstname.lastname@example.org