North Star NQT Programme
The NQT Support Programme aims to provide high quality support and development for those starting their teaching career. This will be achieved through an inspiring approach, which is facilitated by Headteachers and Specialist Leaders of Education within North Star Teaching School Alliance. The course is rooted in a drive to develop outstanding practitioners for the benefit of children in North Star Schools. In addition, the programme aims to embed a commitment to Continuing Professional Development in NQTs, promoting the ethos of responsibility for their own development. The programme was extremely successful in previous years, with 100% of delegates giving positive feedback:
“I will be happier so more effective teaching”
“The flexible approach made it feel relevant and really useful”
“It has helped me take a step back and think about things.”
“Nice to share with other NQTs in the same boat – felt really supported…”
The programme will help NQTs to:
- Develop confidence and an understanding of current exemplary practice in schools
- Thoroughly understand teaching and learning through quality-assured training
- Network with colleagues and work collaboratively; reflecting on and sharing good practice
- Recognise their strengths and areas for development, and formulate plans to become outstanding practitioners
- Three full days and one half day across the academic year
- School-based tasks, between face-to-face sessions, aimed at identifying and further developing good practice
- Tuesday 19 Sept 2017 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday 31 Oct 2017 9am to 3pm
- Tuesday 23 Jan 2018 9am to 3pm
- Tuesday 24 April 2018 9am to 3pm
Meadowside Academy, Halfpenny Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0SL.
North Star members: £300 per delegate (£250 for subsequent delegates). Non-members £400 per delegate (£350 for subsequent delegates). This includes the year’s programme and facilitation of gap tasks to develop practice between face-to-face sessions.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all sessions, your school will still be charged the full amount.
Any further questions? Please contact Nikkie Beniams at Knayton C of E Primary School. Telephone 01845 537291. Email email@example.com