The Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring is an ideal qualification for head teachers, and senior leaders. This programme is designed to equip you with not only the knowledge and skills to coach successfully but also enables you to lead and coach with confidence.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach
- Know how to create a coaching and mentoring culture within your organisation that supports well
- being for all
- Plan, deliver and review coaching or mentoring
- Plan your development in coaching or mentoring
This certification runs as an 8 day programme and equips learners with the knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as a workplace coach. It is split into 11 sessions with sufficient time between modules to allow participants to apply their learning in the workplace.
Participants will plan, organise and conduct at least 18 hours of coaching and submit 3 written assignments. The first being a theoretical assignment based on the theories and concepts you have explored in the modules. The second assignment is a reflective diary based on your 18 hours of coaching, including a 1 hour recorded coaching session. The final assignment is a reflection based on the challenges and insights you have gained through completing the 18 hours of coaching.
All participants will be supported to achieve the completion of the assignments through tutorials and coaching supervision. These additional mechanisms are there to support portfolio development and offer feedback to individuals on their coaching practice.
After the taught days further support is offered via telephone/zoom to support completion of the programme.
By completing this course you will:
- Have learned and practiced coaching skills using a variety of coaching models and tools
- Improve your skills in relationship building, communication and facilitating change which are essential tools as a coach.
- Begin to use new ways of thinking and behaving as a coach in order to achieve better results at work.
- Recognise and promote ethical practice in coaching.
- Examine your personal coaching style using reflective practice.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of using coaching at work.
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can improve performance and organisational productivity.
- Plan your further development as a coach.
Course Lead – Nicola Roberts
Nicola has worked in and with the public sector for over 27 years, mostly in health, although she has also developed training interventions within local government.
Session 1 – Tuesday 29th September 2020 9.30am-12.30pm via Zoom
Wednesday 30th September 2020 1.00pm-4.00pm via Zoom
Session 2 – Wednesday 21st October 2020 9.30am-12.30pm via Zoom
Thursday 22nd October 2020 1.00pm-4.oopm via Zoom
Session 3 – Monday 30th November 2020 9.30am-12.30pm via Zoom
Tuesday 1st December 2020 1.00pm-4.00pm via Zoom
Session 4 – Wednesday 3rd February 2021 9.30am-4.00pm TBC
Session 5 – Wednesday 3rd March 2021 9.30am-4.00pm TBC
Session 6 – Thursday 22nd April 2021 9.30am-4.00pm TBC
Session 7 – Wednesday 2nd June 2021 9.30am-4.00pm TBC
Session 8 – Wednesday 22nd September 2021 9.30am-4.00pm TBC
The first 3 sessions will be split into 6 Zoom sessions, the remaining 5 will be decided closer to the dates.
The cost of the programme is £1695 per delegate.
Terms & Conditions
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied:
Cancellations within two weeks of the first event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all three days, your school will still be charged the full amount.
With-in a month of the first day of the event, or with-in a month of the event, which ever applies.