This course is for Headteachers and Senior Leaders
Following on from the North Star Senior Leaders programme this inspirational day delivered by Mary Myatt is for headteachers and leaders who have completed senior leadership training and would benefit from some fresh ideas on inspiring a team, holding colleagues to account, moral leadership and ensuring impact.
The programme will be delivered by Mary Myatt, author of The Curriculum: Gallimaufry to coherence; Hopeful Schools: Building humane communities; and High Challenge, Low threat. Mary Myatt works with senior leaders on the link between educational values and high standards.
Session 1: High challenge, low threat: implications for leadership
- We like doing things that are difficult, as long as the conditions are right
- How we can use this insight to hold ourselves and others to account in a way that is both robust and kind
- Going to a place of ‘radical candour’
Session 2: High challenge, low threat: implications for classroom practice
- Our pupils are asking for more demanding work
- How can we use the insights of high challenge, low threat to narrow the gaps?
- Why all pupils should engage with big ideas
Session 3: Curriculum conversations
- An overview of the reasons why the curriculum has a higher profile
- What leaders need to have in place
- How to make this manageable
Session 4: Workload
- Approaches to assessment beyond the numbers
- Summarising best practice in planning, feedback and marking
Wednesday 7th November 2018 9:00-3:30
Burn Hall, Tollerton Road, Huby, York YO61 1JB.
The programme costs £125 per delegate for North Star members, £175 for non-members.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied:
Cancellations within two weeks of the first event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge.