A three-day support programme offered to all newly or recently-appointed headteachers, forming a fresh network of colleagues, aiming to help to manage challenging situations towards positive outcomes and to begin to lead their schools with vigour and confidence.
The programme will be delivered by Ed Lott. Ed is an ex-headteacher and is a former National College for School Leadership Associate Leader with over thirty years experience in education and professional development. Full programme notes and online support are included.
Aims of the course
- To explore effective models of leadership
- To acknowledge each individual’s current position on the leadership spectrum through self-review
- To examine collaborative leadership and the skills of the ‘ head coach’
- To understand the leadership and management of change
- To deal with difficult contexts and colleagues
- To examine the implications of current legislation for the ‘2020 School’
Monday 13th November 2017 9am to 3.30pm – Session One & Two
- Working with Governors.
Thursday 1st March 2018 9am to 3.30pm – Session Three & Four
- The Changing Professional Landscape for School Leaders.
- Leading and managing Change.
Thursday 21st June 2018 9am to 3.30pm – Session Five & Six
- Conflict Resolution.
- Planning for the Future.
Meadowside Academy, Halfpenny Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0SL
£300 per delegate for North Star and Polaris members. Non-members £400.
Book here: To book please contact North Star
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge