Good governance is key to the success of our schools, and with the educational landscape changing so rapidly, supporting and training our Governing Bodies has never been more vital. We are pleased to offer bespoke Governor Development training opportunities to all schools in our network. Our CPD facilitator Ed Lott, is an ex-head and NCSL/TL consultant with specific training and experience in issues of governance (please see some options below) and would be delighted to support Chairs and Vice-Chairs of Governors, whole Governing Bodies and Headteachers in their work. Ed can devise tailored development sessions to address many aspects of current school governance, to be delivered at times and places to suit individual school or local network requirements. All training is in line with DoE and NGA guidelines and follow-up online support is offered.
- MATs, Federations and the Academisation process
- The constitution of Governing Bodies
- Succession Planning for Governors
- Equalities issues
- Getting an external review of the governing body
- Workshops on the Governors Handbook
- Working with the Headteacher: performance, probity and efficiency
- Behaviour and Discipline in Schools
- Use of Resources Top Ten Checks
- The NGA Framework for Governance
- Recruitment and retention of staff
- The role of the Chair
- Setting the Direction of the School, Vision, Accountability
- How to Collaborate with other schools
- Five Current Key Policy Issues
- On-Line Responsibilities
- Responses to Parents and Pupils
- Case Studies of Successful Governance
How it works
Schools can choose from the options above to create a bespoke training programme to fit their Governing Bodies’ need. The school will pay a flat fee for the training and will then be responsible for liaising with Ed Lott on dates and hosting the training. Schools may invite other schools to join the training and share the cost where appropriate.
Costs will depend on the duration of training sessions and number of sessions required. As a guide, a one-off 4-hour twilight will cost £350.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge
To book bespoke Governor training, please contact Kerry Young 01423-226389; email@example.com.