North Star Developing Expertise in Teaching (DEiT) Programme 2019-20
Following on from the success of North Star’s Developing Expertise in Teaching Programme 2018-19 for developed for teachers in the early years of teaching. This programme aims to develop excellent practitioners with a detailed understanding of the curriculum ans a range of effective strategies for teaching English, Maths and the rest of the curriculum.
Also perfect for those who are returning to teaching or experienced HLTAs who often cover classes.
The programme will help colleagues to:
- Develop their skills in teaching to move towards outstanding classroom practice
- Investigate current, EEF-led, research-based pedagogies
- Observe outstanding ‘real-life’ teaching at every step
- Consider a range of startegies and approaches to teaching the whole curriculum.
Three full days across the academic year aimed at identifying and further developing good practice
- Day 1 – English Focus – Challenge, greater depth, excellence, looking at different pedagogies, best practice, where to go to discover more
- Day 2 – Maths Focus – Challenge, greater depth, excellence, looking at different pedagogies, best practice, where to go to discover more
- Day 3 – Curriculum Focus – Teaching excellence across the curriculum, challenge across the curriculum, evidencing learning across the curriculum.
- Tuesday 19th November 2019 9am to 3.30pm – Knayton CofE Academy, Stockton Road, Knayton, Thirsk, YO7 1RX
- Thursday 19th March 2020 9am to 3.30pm – Knayton CofE Academy, Stockton Road, Knayton, Thirsk, YO7 1RX
- Tuesday 11th June 2020 9am to 3.30pm – Knayton CofE Academy, Stockton Road, Knayton, Thirsk, YO7 1RX
Knayton C of E Academy, Stockton Road, Knayton, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 4AN
£300 per delegate (£250 for additional delegates) for North Star members. Non-members £400 (£350 subsequent). This includes the year’s programme and facilitation of gap tasks to develop practice between face-to-face sessions.
Terms & Conditions
Unused CPD days are non-transferable and will NOT be refunded.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied:
Cancellations within two weeks of the first event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all three days, your school will still be charged the full amount.
With-in a month of the first day of the event, or with-in a month of the event, which ever applies.
Any further questions? Please contact Nikkie Beniams at Knayton C of E Academy. Telephone 01845 537291. Email email@example.com