North Star Developing Expertise in Teaching (DEiT) Programme 2018-19
New for 2018-2019 North Star’s Developing Expertise in Teaching Programme 2018-19
Developed for teachers in the early years of teaching, this programme aims to assist teachers to become outstanding practitioners with a creative approach to the whole curriculum, leading to excellent outcomes for children.
Also perfect for those who are returning to teaching.
The programme will help colleagues to:
- Develop their skills in teaching to move towards outstanding classroom practice
- Investigate current, EEF-led, research-based pedagogies
- Observe outstanding ‘real-life’ teaching at every step
- Integrate teacher-led CPLD strategies (Teachmeets, Learning Development Groups, Lesson Study) into everyday practice
- Take the first steps into leadership
Three full days across the academic year, plus school-based gap tasks aimed at identifying and further developing good practice
- Day 1 – English Focus – Challenge, greater depth, excellence, looking at different pedagogies, best practice, where to go to discover more
- Day 2 – Maths Focus – Challenge, greater depth, excellence, looking at different pedagogies, best practice, where to go to discover more
- Day 3 – Curriculum Focus – Teaching excellence across the curriculum, challenge across the curriculum, greater depth across the curriculum
- Tuesday 20th November 2018 9am to 3.30pm
- Tuesday 9th April 2019 9am to 3.30pm
- Tuesday 11th June 2019 9am to 3.30pm
Meadowside Academy, Halfpenny Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0SL.
£300 per delegate (£250 for additional delegates) for North Star members. Non-members £400 (£350 subsequent). This includes the year’s programme and facilitation of gap tasks to develop practice between face-to-face sessions.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all sessions, your school will still be charged the full amount.
Any further questions? Please contact Nikkie Beniams at Knayton C of E Academy. Telephone 01845 537291. Email firstname.lastname@example.org