Dealing with the Difficult delivered by Ed Lott
Aims of the course
This proven one-day programme will enable participants to manage challenging situations towards positive outcomes. Difficult staffing situations will be approached with discipline and confidence. Demanding changes to individual and team working patterns will be negotiated successfully. Strategic expectations will be met more rapidly.
The day will include the following active sessions:
- Accepting personal accountability
- Holding others to account
- Grasping the nettle – dealing with underperformance
- Giving and receiving feedback – key criteria
- Constructive communication
- Preparing for a team or whole-school issue
- Preparation when you have an issue
- Preparation for a conflict discussion
Participants will be provided with high-quality materials on the day and follow-up resources are also provided online.
The course will be delivered by Ed Lott. Ed is an ex-headteacher and is a National College Consultant Leader with over thirty years’ experience in education and professional development training.
Friday 15th June 2018 9am to 3.00pm
£100 per delegate for North Star and Polaris members. Non-members £150.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge